Tuesday 12 April 2011

This Year

At the moment life is proving to be rather exciting. In a few months time I will be graduating with a Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Politics and Philosophy from the University of Stirling. If that weren't enough to put my excitement level in overdrive come September I shall be enrolling in another degree, this time with the intention of achieving an MA in English from the University of Glasgow.

For a long time I have waited to get to the stage of graduation and as it nears I am becoming increasingly excited about actually finishing my degree. That added to the prospect of moving to a new city, meeting new people and being able to emerse myself fully in student life has made me feel that this year will be one of change, but positive change. As it stands I do have a few regrets about my university career. I feel I was too interested in simply drinking and going out as much as possible and did not experience everything university life has to offer.

I intend this to change when I embark on a new course. At Glasgow there is a Chess club, a philosophy society, various political organisations and the chance to emerse myself within the student council and union systems. I am also interested in perhaps trying a new sport and the prospect of trying my hand at the student papers. Studying English will hopefully improve my writing style (as it is erratic at best and incomprehensible at worst) and being able to practice in a medium I am not used to I think will be great fun.

Sorry to anyone reading this blog, it is essentially just me rambling on about myself and my prospective future but I wanted to write it down and check how my new blog design looks and feels. I am going to try and write more here so a new design to go with a new start in familiar terretory is the theme for today.

"I am going to make it through this year if it kills me" The Mountain Goats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Map

Locations of Site Visitors