Sunday 31 July 2016

Console Zelda Challenge

With the very exciting news that Breath of the Wild, the upcoming Zelda title, is to be released relatively soon I decided to revisit some of the old Zelda games. Whilst aimlessly attacking Deku Babbas and riding Epona through Hyrule I decided it would be fun to play through some of the games again. Then I thought about going one better and playing through ALL the console games again.

My challenge is this, to try to complete all eight of the console Zelda games by the time Breath of the Wild is released. As I work full time and have a baby child and responsibilities this means my free time is very limited and therefore this may be harder than it sounds. I'm not going for speed runs, so will be looking for all the extras and pieces of heart that I care to find. As much as possible I will be playing the original games on the original consoles (so N64 for Ocarina, not the 3DS version, Gamecube for Wind Waker, not the newer HD version etc) and looking up strategy guides or walkthroughs is strictly prohibited. Today I will be starting with Skyward Sword (simply as it's the game I've not played as much of as the others) and will possibly start a Link to the Past save as well. I'll keep this blog updated with my progress.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Map

Locations of Site Visitors